Wednesday, March 2, 2011

An Introduction

When Brother Larry mentioned that the new Marsh Associates (including myself) would be blogging on a regular basis, it did not occur to me that I might need to explain myself or provide a raison d'ĂȘtre. However, as with any beginning, an introduction is necessary. So let me introduce myself. My name is Rebekah Phillips. I am a junior in Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences studying Anthropology & Religion. I was raised in rural South Carolina by two United Methodist Ministers, and thus spent much of my youth in and around the church. The most fulfilling aspects of my faith have involved humanitarian work: hunger relief, construction projects, and working with children. To quote John Wesley:
Do all the good you can, at all the times you can,
in all the ways you can, in all the places you can,
to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.
It is my hope that through this internship, with the support of the Chapel, university, and of friends, that I will grow and develop in a call to ministry. I look forward to prayerful reflection, peaceful community, and diligent study in companionship with the other new Associates and the Marsh Chapel staff.

Grace and peace,
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment